Hockey and lacrosse are physical sports, and broken pieces of equipment are an unfortunate reality for players at both the amateur and professional levels. At Cyclone Taylor Sports, broken items are a part of our business. Because of this, we are committed to helping you, our valued customer, if you require a warranty on anything purchased in-store or online.
If you purchased the item from our online store, please follow these steps to get the process started:
- Email us to obtain a return authorization number (RA#): please email us to obtain your RA#. As part of your email, please include a photo of the broken item, as well as the serial number (especially if the broken item is a hockey stick).
- Depending on the supplier, the broken item may or may not need to be shipped back to us as part of the warranty claim. Once you email us your initial RA# request, we will get it into our system and follow-up with the supplier on the next steps.
- If/when your warranty has been approved, we will ship you a replacement item. The first option will be a direct replacement (same item), but in some circumstances you may need to select a similar product for the replacement (if the original product is unavailable). If we are shipping you a replacement item, note that the outgoing freight is to be covered by you, the customer.
To potentially expedite the warranty process for an online purchase, you also have the ability to contact our suppliers directly. More times than not, the supplier can send you a warranty replacement directly (and get it to you faster as well). To contact the suppliers directly, please click on one of the links below:
A FEW NOTES ABOUT WARRANTIES
Our free shipping policy includes one free freight per order. Unfortunately, if you have broken an item within its warranty period, you will be required to cover the return shipping to us (if the supplier requires this), as well as the shipping cost of the replacement item back to you.
Once we receive the broken item, the warranty decision is based on our manufacturer’s discretion. What does this mean? Essentially, our local sales representative’s word is final on warranty decisions – the individual will decide if the item qualifies for a warranty. Once we receive your broken item, this process may take up to five (5) business days.
Any packages received without an RA# will not be accepted. Because of the volume of incoming/outgoing shipments that we receive in our shipping department, it is very difficult to determine which order # the warranty came from (as well as when the item was purchased).
Based on industry standards, the following warranty periods apply to some of the more popular items (unless otherwise stated):
|Retail Sticks||30 days|
|Pro Stock/Team Sticks (Bauer Nexus League, etc)||No Warranty|
|Player/Goal Protective||90 days|
|Goal Masks||1 year|
|Player/Goal Bags||90 days|
for anything not listed above (accessories, etc), contact us via email
Warranties also apply to in-store purchases. If you have a broken item, please visit us during business hours to initiate the warranty process with a Cyclone’s team member:
- Gather the required materials before visiting us in-store: in addition to your broken item, please also bring its original packaging, any tags or barcodes, as well as your original receipt and method of payment used.
- Warranty process in-store: if you are eligible for a warranty replacement, we will take back the broken item, and you can select a replacement item from our in-stock inventory. Unfortunately you cannot use the credit for a different item (eg: you originally purchased a stick, but want to use the credit to buy a helmet), or have the credit refunded to your original payment method.
If you are getting the same item as a warranty replacement, the transaction will be $0.00. But if you are upgrading to a higher model, for example, you will need to cover the difference in price. Example:
- If you originally purchased a Bauer Vapor Hyperlite Stick for $350, it broke within 30 days, and you wanted to upgrade to a warranty replacement Bauer AG5NT Stick for $430, you would owe the difference between the two models (+$80).
As per any of our in-store/online policies, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our retail stores, or send us an email.