Price Match Guarantee
At Cyclone Taylor Sports, we will match almost any Canadian or U.S. price on current model hockey or lacrosse product* (in-store or online, from an authorized retailer). If you find a lower priced current model product advertised elsewhere, we will almost always match that price.
To process a price match, please follow these steps:
- In-store purchases: present a copy of the exact item and its price and we will match it. Please provide the company name and the ad (or website) advertising the lower price for verification purposes.
- Online purchases: contact us via email. Please email us the website address of the item and its price. If the price match is authorized, we will provide you with an online discount code to make the purchase.
Additionally, if you purchase an item from us, and that price is reduced within 30 days of purchase, we will be happy to credit your original payment method the difference. If you need clarification regarding our pricing guarantee or have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
TO OUR LOCAL CUSTOMERS: CANADIAN VERSUS U.S. PRICING
You may be surprised to learn that you will not save much money (if any) by purchasing hockey equipment from the U.S. If you find a lower price elsewhere on a current model hockey product in Canada or the U.S., we will almost always match it. Now that’s convenience! No border line-ups, no hassles with returns or warranties – just the peace of mind knowing you have paid the lowest price offered anywhere.
Consider this before buying your equipment in the U.S.:
- Hassle free warranties: in the event you break your stick within the 30-day warranty period, we will provide you with an immediate replacement or a credit at any of our stores (with receipt). Warranty replacements on sticks purchased in the U.S. can be time consuming and difficult to manage as you are responsible for re-packaging the broken stick, shipping it back to the U.S., and then waiting for the replacement stick to be shipped back to a U.S. address for pick up.
- Hassle free returns: if the wrong item is purchased, and you need to return it, the process is much quicker and more efficient by simply visiting us in-store. With out-of-country returns, you are responsible for re-packaging the product, shipping it back to the U.S., and then waiting for your replacement item to be shipped back to a U.S. address for pick up.
- Proper fitting is essential: to ensure optimum performance and safety, it is essential to have your equipment properly fitted – this is difficult to achieve when shopping online. By visiting us in-store, our hockey and lacrosse specialists will determine your needs and go through a proper fitting process for the equipment you require.
THE MESSAGE WE WANT TO GET OUT?
Prices are rarely less in the U.S. than Canada, and there are a host of headaches one can encounter when shopping for hockey equipment online (border line-ups, import duties, warranties, returns, poorly fitting equipment).
Please also remember that U.S. companies will not provide sponsorships to local minor hockey or lacrosse associations, prizes for tournaments, or support your child’s program in any way. Lower Mainland stores do care about the local associations and will provide products and services to help develop young players, coaches, and referees. In addition, local stores also provide jobs for many players that play a high level and are hoping to reach the next level. The same can be said for coaches and referees!
With your support, we can continue to provide positions for these talented young men and women. Of course, where you spend your hard-earned dollars will always be your decision, but we hope you will think about the big picture and the importance of shopping locally and supporting those who support your child’s hockey development.
*PRICE GUARANTEE DISCLAIMER
Current model: refers to items still in their catalog lifecycle as determined by our suppliers. For example, most skates/sticks nowadays operate on a 1-2 year lifecycle, meaning if the product released to market in 2021, it will be “discontinued” (discounted) sometime in 2023. Examples:
- Bauer products operate on a 2-year lifecycle.
- CCM’s top two stick price-points operate on a 1-year lifecycle.
- CCM skates operate on a 2-year lifecycle.
- CCM protective operates on a 3-year lifecycle.
- To be eligible for our price guarantee adjustment, the item must be new and identical in terms of brand, model, pattern, size, width, colour, flex, etc.
- Time-limited sales events (Example: Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day) offering limited quantities or a “limited time offer” are not eligible for our price guarantee.
- Competitors’ special promotions such as coupons, gift certificates, gift with purchase and “buy one, get one free” are not eligible for our price guarantee.
- Our price guarantee excludes liquidation, bankruptcy, or closeout sales.
- Expired offers are not eligible under our price guarantee.
- Our price guarantee will not apply where the competitor or Cyclone Taylor Sports has made a typographical pricing error.
- As mentioned above, we will not match pricing from any unauthorized retailers.